Team Rehab, a network of 90 outpatient physical therapy clinics, has an opening for a full time doctoral level clinical rehabilitation psychologist. The psychologist would work in an established outpatient pain rehabilitation program in Oak Park, Michigan that is now going to be under the corporate structure of team rehab. It is advantageous that this person has experience in interdisciplinary treatment of patients with complicated health and disability issues.
The program combines cognitive-behavioral and functional restoration to treat adults with chronic pain and all the issues related to chronic pain. The program has been highly successful in rehabilitating these patients, discontinuing their use of narcotics and various other medications and returning them to avocational and vocational activities.
Responsibilities include provision of psychological assessment, individual counseling and group educational sessions. It also includes community and referral source education, and participation in team and program management activities.
- PHD degree in Clinical Psychology or equivalent
- Current state license
- Minimum three (3) years’ experience in clinical psychology, primary care or behavioral medicine preferred
- In-depth knowledge and experience in individual, group, couples and family psychology
- Proven experience in administering findings of current studies into clinical curriculum
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Location:Oak Park, Michigan
Job Type:Health Care