- Providing excellent health care for our patients. Patients should achieve good outcomes and be happy with their experience of physical therapy.
- Evaluating new patients, developing plans of care and setting measurable, functional goals
- Treating patients, answering their concerns and educating them on their injury, progress and probable outcomes
- Supervising aides when they are providing modalities for non-Medicare, non-BCBSM patients, and also in their general set up and clean up duties
- Re-evaluating patient progress, revising plans of care and resetting goals
- Determining when to discharge patients
- Writing timely and accurate documentation including; evaluations, re-evaluations discharges and daily progress notes.
- Achieving a reasonable level of productivity. This depends on the number of referrals and the type of patient presenting. However, with our normal outpatient orthopedic population, we expect 55 to 60 treatments plus evaluations a week from a full time therapist
- Helping to develop protocols for the most common diagnoses we see
- Participating the research studies supported by the clinic
- Responsible for continuing to develop their own skills by attending company continuing education events and using the continuing education allowance to attend approved courses
Required Education and Experience:
- Doctorate or Masters in Physical Therapy